What is the purpose of this document?
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us through telephone or email, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it. By providing your personal information over the phone or email, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. Please note that this includes consenting to the processing of any sensitive personal information you provide, as described below.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulations, the data controller is Turners Ltd, Integrity House, Lumsdale Road, Lower Lumsdale, Malock, Derbyshire, DE4 5EX and we are a company registered in England and Wales under company number 5406962.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information you provide to us
You may provide us with information by sending us a sales order or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register for an account, request a quote or enter into a contract for the supply of products. The personal information you provide may include your contact name, company name, school, college or university address, contact e-mail address and phone number, and other information about your company to enable us to provide you with our products.
People who call us
When you call Turners Ltd, we collect only the information that is required to resolve your query.
People who email us
We use Transport Layer Security (TLS) to encrypt and protect email traffic. If your email service does not support TLS, you should be aware that any emails we send or receive may not be protected in transit.
We will also monitor any emails sent to us, including file attachments, for viruses or malicious software. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send is within the bounds of the law.
How we use your personal information
We use personal information about you in connection with the following purposes:
- Fulfilling your requests:
- to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to complete any transaction you are undertaking with us;
- to provide you with information about promotions we offer time for time that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- for internal business administration and operations, including dealing with handling complaints
- to notify you about changes to our service and to send you service emails relating to your account;
- to manage and operate your account with us.
- Service Improvements and account management:
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
Where we store your personal information
As we operate only from the above address, we do process your information from the same address. We do not share or store your personal information in any other location in UK or overseas.
We have put in place measures to protect the security of your information. Details of these measures are available upon request.
Third parties will only process your personal information on our instructions and where they have agreed to treat the information confidentially and to keep it secure.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an authorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, accountants, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting email@example.com
Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your working relationship with us.
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstance, by law you have the rights to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where these is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who have no right to receive it.
Right to withdraw consent
In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact email@example.com. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
Changes to this privacy notice
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time, and we will provide you with a new privacy notice when we make any substantial updates. We may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal information.
Access to information
The General Data Protection Regulation gives you the right to access personal information held about you by Turners Ltd. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.